Literary and Historical Society of Quebec – Morrin Centre
The Morrin Centre (Literary and Historical Society of Quebec) is seeking a dynamic librarian to oversee and manage its daily library operations.
The Morrin Centre is an English-language cultural centre that promotes the heritage of the English-speaking community of Quebec City, fosters cultural exchange and offers a wide range of activities including library services, guided tours, cultural events, a writers’ festival and much more. This 200 year-old building, listed as a National Historic Site, is managed by the Literary and Historical Society of Quebec.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Library Manager will:
- Manage the library’s human resources, collections and activities.
- Lead the development of the library’s collections while working closely with the Book Committee on book acquisitions.
- Document and report on expenses.
- Manage and grow the Children’s Reading Program with the assistance of event coordinators.
- Assist in the development of library policies.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of the ImagiNation Writers’ Festival, and other literary events.
- Lead membership-based initiatives in collaboration with the Membership Committee.
- Compile library statistics and submit reports on library activities.
- Manage the content and publication of the quarterly publication Society Pages.
Education – A Master of Library and Information Studies or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Qualities – Creative, dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter, attention to details, focused on results, flexible, trustworthy and a strong knowledge of English literature.
Skills – Strong written and oral communication skills in both French and English with an excellent knowledge of English required; Ability to work effectively as a team player, to work independently and to take initiative; Strong presentation skills and attention to detail; Ability to perform multiple tasks, to prioritize and meet deadlines; Knowledge of integrated library systems and e-books; Experience managing human resources (including volunteers); Sound knowledge of not-for-profit organisations.
Work Experience – 1 to 2 years of experience in library management. Knowledge of local English-speaking community will be considered an asset.
Please note: This is a permanent position. It requires some flexibility in the work schedule and may include occasional evening and weekend engagements. Salary to be determined.
To apply for this position, please forward both a cover letter in French and a cover letter in English as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until January 3, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., or until filled. We thank you for your interest for this position and our organisation. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.