The Valcartier Family Centre is a community organization governed by military families. It welcomes and helps individuals and their families from the time they join the military community until their reintegration into the civilian community. At the heart of the military community in Eastern Québec, the VFC recognizes their unique experience and power to act.
Employment Type: Full-time, 35 hours/week
Duration: Contract to March 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension
Location: Ste-Foy satellite office
Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Duties
The Development and Integration Agent develops and maintains strong partnerships with various organizations in order to facilitate the integration of our clientele. He or she acts as a representative of the organization during official activities. He or she meets with clientele from the military and Anglophone communities to assess their needs. He or she helps newcomers integrate and informs them of available services. He or she leads information sessions and socioprofessional integration workshops in collaboration with the Guidance Counsellors and, when needed, participates in the translation and preparation of documents.
- Highly autonomous, sense of accountability, shows great initiative, highly dynamic
- Customer service skills and capacity to lead workshops
- Excellent ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for teamwork with our partners
- Proficient in using Word, Excel and the Internet;
- Solid understanding of the difficulties encountered by the Anglophone and military communities related to socioprofessional integration in Quebec
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Ability to maintain partnerships and solid ties with organizations
- Capacity to easily use social media in order to optimize partner relationships
- Diploma of College Studies
- An understanding of the particular characteristics of military life
- Minimum of one (1) year’s experience in a community organization, in communication or in customer service
- Availability to occasionally work evenings and weekends
- Highly motivated and committed to creating solid ties with partners
- Must have a vehicle (must be able to travel occasionally)
The Valcartier Family Centre offers many advantages, including a friendly work atmosphere, a team cohesion and well-being committee, and the possibility of helping to organize and carry out major VFC activities (the party for families, annual volunteer party, benefits, etc.), free parking and proximity to shopping centres – all geared towards caring leadership.
Send your résumé and cover letter to Human Resources at: RH.CRFMV@outlook.com no later than Friday, December 8.
*** Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Valcartier Family Centre has been recognized by the military and civilian communities for its leading expertise and caring leadership as well as for various innovative services that focus on the needs of military families. Within an effective structure, the VFC contributes to the military community’s well-being by relying on a competent, caring and committed team, and a network of important partners.
Respect, Equality, Transparency, Quality and Innovation.