The Valcartier Family Centre is a community organization governed by military families. It welcomes and helps individuals and their families from the time they join the military community until their reintegration into the civilian community. At the heart of the military community in Eastern Québec, the VFC recognizes their unique experience and power to act.
Employment Type: Full-time, 35 hours/week
Duration: Contract to March 31, 2019, with the possibility of extension
Location: Valcartier Family Centre (10 minutes from Val-Bélair)
Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Duties
The Absence Support Specialist identifies the needs of the military community with respect to absence services and mobility. He or she plans, designs, develops and coordinates services and programs related mainly to support during deployments and transfers by establishing precise objectives, determining methods for their achievement, and identifying the human, material, and financial resources required for that purpose. Promotes team work and team spirit with all staff members, volunteers, interns and resource persons by showing concern for complementarity and partnership.
- Experience in needs assessment and front-line intervention;
- Exceptional ability to work under pressure and establish priorities;
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Be approachable, with exceptional teamwork skills;
- Understand and put into practice a philosophy and approach based on strengths (empowerment);
- Superior ability to adapt, to be self-reliant and resourceful.
- Diploma of College Studies in social work or a related discipline;
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in needs assessment and front-line intervention;
- Frequently (1 to 2 times per month) available to work evenings and weekends;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English;
- An understanding of the particular characteristics of military life;
- Knowledge of community and public resources (asset).
The Valcartier Family Centre offers many advantages, including a friendly work atmosphere, the possibility of working out nearby at a discounted rate, free parking, access to the bike path, flexible work schedules, a team cohesion and well-being committee, and the possibility of helping to organize and carry out major VFC activities (the party for families, annual volunteer party, benefits, etc.) – all geared towards caring leadership.
Send your résumé and cover letter to Human Resources at: RH.CRFMV@outlook.com no later than Friday, December 8.
*** Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Valcartier Family Centre has been recognized by the military and civilian communities for its leading expertise and caring leadership as well as for various innovative services that focus on the needs of military families. Within an effective structure, the VFC contributes to the military community’s well-being by relying on a competent, caring and committed team, and a network of important partners.
Respect, Equality, Transparency, Quality and Innovation.