SNACS Entrepreneurs is an innovative social enterprise that aims to foster vital work and life skills through employment opportunities and internships to special needs individuals while providing quality services within the English-speaking community of Quebec City.
SNACS Entrepreneurs has developed a specialized work plateau, in other words, an adapted workplace for people with special needs. It provides English-speaking students of the Central Quebec School Board a choice of on-the-job training opportunities, as well as possible employment for special needs individuals.
SNACS Entrepreneurs is looking for a dynamic, versatile, bilingual individual to supervise the planning, development and oversee all aspects of day-to-day operations.
Essential requirements are:
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent
- Sensitive to the needs of special needs individuals;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in project coordination;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, management and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, in both French and English;
- Accounting and business experience would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car;
The Coordinator will be under the authority of the Board of Directors and will work in close collaboration with the Program Coordinator of Jeffery Hale Community Partners.
Tasks will be varied and will include:
- Writing a business plan;
- Seeking funding opportunities;
- Working with special needs individuals;
- Developing marketing/communications plan;
- Keeping financial and administrative records;
- Recipe planning with the cook;
- Managing customer orders;
- Monitoring the quality of the product and service provided;
- Supervise the cook in SNACS Catering.
The position is contract based and is currently projected for a 21-hour work week, from September 2017 – June 2018, with possibility for renewal. Remuneration commensurate with experience (hourly rate between $18 – $22/hour).
Please e-mail your resume accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2017. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.