VEQ, in partnership with the Jeffery Hale Community Partners, is presently seeking candidates for a full-time Project Coordinator, 35 hours per week for a period of 10 months, potentially renewable for one year. The primary objective of the coordinator will be the implementation of the Expanding Horizons project for special needs youth action plan in the Greater Quebec City region. English-speaking youth aged 16 to 29 years old will be targeted through this initiative.
Duties to include:
- Develop and Implement the action plan
- Work closely with the advisory group to ensure project objectives are met on time
- Establish a profile of the potential clientele as well as potential community and private partners
- Identify, develop and maintain partnerships, with public and private stakeholders
- Establish a minimum of 2 work plateaus
- Ensure that the budget of the project is respected
- All other tasks determined by the Executive Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or with relevant work experience
- 2 years of experience in project coordination and management
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience in building partnerships
- Capacity to interact and build relationships with special needs youth
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with a team, but also has the ability to work autonomously;
- Good computer skills (good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential);
- Strong written and spoken English and French
- Familiarity with the Québec City English-speaking community will be considered an asset
Salary between $18.50 and $20.50/hour, depending on qualifications and experience. The person will be based in Quebec City but may be required to travel within the region.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday May 29, 2017 at 5 p.m. and include job title in the subject line of your email. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.